View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2004
BS.Player Newbie

unionjacker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Xvid movies with subs in playlist get audio/video synch prob

BS player definitely has an audio synch problem with xvid files when playing them from the playlist.

Windows media player plays all movie files flawlessly. But I would like to use BS from now on solely because of the subtitles option.

If I load one file at a time with Subs, it plays okay. But if an xvid movie is split in two, when BSP loads the second part the audio gets out of synch. The subtitles are fine. It's the audio that gains a couple of seconds.

A quick forward puts in back in synch again, then it goes out of synch after a few seconds more. The only solution so far is to just play one file at a time and load the subtitles. One file at a time plays okay. It's when I put more than one into the playlist, that audio/video synch problems arise. Any fix for this?

There's nothing wrong with the files. They are all in synch. So the problem lies with BSPLAYER.

I am all up to date with BSP, codecs, ac3 filters, fddshow, and the latest xvid codec.

I have also gone into fddshow and changed it's codec so that it uses the xvid1 codec. This little fix stopped BSP from crashing and becoming unstable to the point of having to reinstall and reboot.

But I still have the synch problem. If media player can play the file flawlesly, then so should BSP. What's the fix for this?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20