Thread: SPDif Output
View Single Post
Old 5th October 2004
BS.Player Newbie

lostsoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SPDif Output

Like Freddie would say.. I'm going slightly mad...
Here's the deal..

I've just installed my new machine, and I was trying to configure bsplay to use spdif output for ac3 movies.
I've search everywhere for a solution, and none of the supposed solutions/workarounds worked so far.. so... here's the problem

I've instaled bsplay
I've instaled windvd
I've instaled ac3filter, first 0.7 version, then 1.01
I've configured SB Live 5.1 for digital output only, 5.1 speakers, both in windows and surround mixer

Problem is....
If I select ac3filter as my ac3 decoder, and enable spdif output.. a strange noise comes out of my collumns (seems like an alien screaming in pain, or freddy krugger rubbing is nails on a peace of metal)

If I select Intervideo Audio Decoder, SPDif output is grayed, as well ans 4 and 6 channels, only 2 channels are enabled.

Plus, nomatter what i choose in the prefered audio device, it always shows movies with "n.channels : 2", even when they have 6.. i tried direct sound, wave out, everything.

I tried diferent versions of iviaudio.ax, but they all work the same

so, i'm going out of solutions here... I had this working before, with previous versions of bsplay...

i've tried tsunami pack, nimo pack, every pack... and nothing
no spdif enabled...

so...

what do i have to do to get this thing working??????

my machine (in case you need to know)

P4 3GHZ HYper
Asus P4C800E-Deluxe
Asus T440i
SB Live! 5.1 OEM
Live! Drive
Realmagic xCard
1Gb RAM
DTT3500 Cambrige
WinXP SP1

Guess you dont need any more information right?
So...
HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20