Thread: DivX -> TV
View Single Post
Old 8th October 2004
BS.player Regular User

Dennis_Olof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Try this then ?

I have the same, 32 Widescreen 100Hz TV. I dont use S-Video cable but that dont matter.

It dont matter what your signal on TV-out is, as long as the TV is 100Hz the picture will be 100Hz on the TV, but this will only make the picture stable compared to ordinary 50Hz tv.

However I find that the higher resolution I use on my TV the more jerky the playback becomes and the quality aint that good.

I switch to 640*480 TV mode, since most movies , TV-series etc aint encoded in more that that, and besides it's much easyer to navigate on TV tv then, becaus you can see what you are doing.

And last I dont use Dual View, I found that to make the picture on the TV slow down you know like you only update the picture with 15fps or something like that, was annoying.

I dont use TVtools either just use the Nvidia Icon and switch to TV.

I know the quality aint that good on most movies but if you go with 640*480 and watch it on the TV it look oki.

Remember the monitor is much better quality but you can allso se the (bad) quality of the movie more on a monitor, where as the TV has bigger space between the dots, that make up the picture making it smoother and you dont notice the quality that much.

Sure I might be all wrong now acording to others but that is how I understand it ?

:?

P.S. Do try other cables as well. I use a special cable for the video signal in order to get a good picture and not get too much interferance from outside sources.

a S-video cable aint shielded

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20