Thread: PLEASE help!
View Single Post
Old 31st December 2002
BS.player Regular User

otma1918 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, well i checked under display adapters, there was only one choice- that being "Intel Corporation 810 Graphics Controller Hub". checked properties, said the device was working. so i tried updating the driver just by clicking update driver. searched windows update, it DID find a "closer match than the one you are currently using". i installed that one (the original was dated like 9/1999, the new one is 8/2000). but that's all it says as far as a name goes, that i can see. i can click on driver details and get the file number of the new driver, but no name or anything. the driver file number is "5.12.01.2641", it also lists the actual files on my comptuer (i assume that's what they are, they all have paths that begin for example "C:\WINNT\etcetc"). one last note, after i updated the driver using the "update driver" button, it no longer displays Intel Corporation 810 Graphics Controller Hub, like it did before. Now that has changed to "Intel(r) 82810 Graphics Controller"... similar to the one listed under "system devices" menu tree (now it's there AND listed under "display adapters" menu tree). so, any of this sound like i'm heading in the right direction? or should i still attempt to update the driver for the video chipset? can i even use that one name that i found (the "Intel" name)?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20