View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2005
BS.Player Newbie

aufaitqaf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Member Question: Color/Brightness Controls not working?

Hello,
New member to this forum. I recently installed a new HD on my PC. Prior to reinstalling latest build of BSPlayer, the K-Lite codec pack (2.35 Full), and the NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 driver on my new HD, most of my media (avi, mpg, asf) files worked well with BSPlayer, and I could adjust their colour saturation, etc. and brightness without a problem.

The settings for my old BSPlayer always started midway on the controls, and then I could adjust the color, contrast and brightness appropriately. Presently, each time I open the program, BSPlayer starts with the color and brightness settings at 0, and no matter how much I increase or decrease the settings, there is no change to the image quality of the avi or mpg files.

I can play some of these files on other media players, where I can adjust their color, brightness and contrast. BSPlayer has always been my primary media player, as it played all file formats without a glitch, but this one's serious as I can barely see the images on screen.

I would greatly appreciate your input. I realise others have reported this issue in the past, but after reading all the posts, none of the suggestions applied to me. I did try some of them but there were no changes.

Thanks.

:(

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20