View Single Post
Old 10th January 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Bubba is an unknown quantity at this point

Autorun V2 is only available on winxp and above. However, it would be possible to re-write the program to run under win9x or win2k. If i get the chance, I will do. If you have ever seen a creative labs dvd drive or sound blaster live card, you may have seen they have a tray icon which is installed that opens the creative dvd player whenever a dvd is inserted. I don't know how they do this, but I assume they can capture when the drive is ejected. If you can find out how to find when a new disk is inserted then it should be possible to re-write it. I don't know how to do this and I'm currently doing a level exams so when these are sorted I'll get back to programming. I should think I'll be able to either find a way to capture the drives eject, or search for a change in volume label. One thing - will you be inserting other cd's that may have videos on them but will not be specifically movie cd's, such as game cd's? As long as these files have an autorun.inf file on the cd then the program will ignore them, otherwise your best bet is to upgrade to xp - I don't know how xp determines what type of cd is inserted - I guess it just scans the cd for files.

If I were you, I'd look into an XP upgrade - it really is a great os!

Cheers

Andrew

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20