View Single Post
Old 26th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

lironmiron is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much for helping me!

OK, I loaded a file and went to options->filters->advanced (since that was the only enabled option) There, I click on the WM video decoder DMO, which is located at c:\windows\system32\quasf.dll
I tried it on another one and it said Xvid mpeg-4 video decoder and that one was located at: c:\windows\system32\xvid.ax (with quartz.dll 6.5.1.902 as the splitter)

Now then, they look fine in BSP now. I even tried turning the force rgb mode back off and the videos still play back correctly. It's only in all the other players, which don't seem to have a comparable setting, that they still look wrong.

I reregistered quartz.dll and it popped up a message saying, "DllRegisterServer in Quartz.dll succeeded" but it didn't seem to change anything.

In DFX+, there was no error message. When I pressed the start render, a little window titled "xvid" popped up, but it was totally blank (white) and it just sat there forever until I closed it and then pressed end task, at which time it disappeared along with dfx+

When playing the incomplete video, the error message was the standard windows error message:
BSPlayer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
If you were in the middle....Please tell Microsoft about this problem...Debug, Send Error Report, Don't send.

Something I didn't do that time was to click in the error report. Now I did and in the error signature the AppName is bsplayer.exe and the ModName is xvidcore.dll

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20