View Single Post
Old 27th July 2005
BS.Player Newbie

Gaetor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems With Video

I can play .WMV files, but if I try .MPG or .AVI BSplayer simply says 'Can't Open File'

I have used GSpot to check codecs for .AVI & it reports 4 Compatible Codecs. However, it fails to render when asked, the error given is 0x8007007e: UNKNOWN - The Specified module could not be found. Given this I don't really have a way forward - on the one hand it seems to be saying 'Yes there's a Codec (four in fact) but when it tries to use them it can't but the error message is (to my mind anyway) far from informative.

I have used AVIcodec to try to locate codecs for both file types (MPG and AVI, each time it suggested downloads which I installed, but this makes no difference. I have uninstalled all Codecs for which there was an uninstall option (DivX and FFDShow) - After reading the 'Read this before posting' I thought I'd try removing all codecs and adding them back one by one, but can't see how to do this, they don't appear in 'Add Remove programs' or anywhere else that I can see.

The list of installed codecs as reported by Gspot are attached as installedCodecs.txt

The version of BSPlayer is (Free Version) 1.32 Build 820
Processor is Intel P4 3.2 Ghz
Video Card is ATI Radeon 9600 - VRAM - 128 MB Driver = latest available From ATI (6.14.10.0289)
O/S = Windows XP Prof SP 2

I have installed the DivX version suggested for new users in the 'Before you post' section of this site, but this didn't seem to help either.

Can anyone offer some advice on what to do next? I would be grateful.
Attached Files
File Type: txt installedcodecs_182.txt (2.1 KB, 281 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20