View Single Post
Old 11th November 2005
BS.Player Newbie

LBWood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Picture is scrambled

I am using BS Player 1.36 Build 825. I actually have it installed in two different language versions of Windows (Japanese and English) on the same computer.

The English installation works very well, but the installation on the Japanese side will not give a stable picture when I play my captured MPEG-2 files. The picture looks a bit like what television sets used to look like if you twisted the vertical hold knob.

I have used GSpot in both language versions to try to find out what is going on. With both, the CyberLink MPEG-2 splitter is listed several times as a rendering choice, but when I push button 2 it informs me that the connection failed.

On the English side, there are other choices (Ulead, InterVideo and VidzMedia), and those what are used when I render and play in GSpot. I have those same programs installed on the Japanese side, but they are not listed by GSpot when I press button 1. The MPEG file will not render and play.

I don't know enough about what is going on to identify what the problem is. Should BS Player be showing a picture that is not scrambled? Should those other choices be appearing in GSpot? Why aren't they? And for that matter, why is CyberLink being such a spoilsport? I have a lot of questions and am not really sure where to look for the answers.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20