View Single Post
Old 24th January 2006
BS.Player Newbie

COUNTERpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Chapter Playlist or Scene Cut

Bsplayer is easily my favorite media player. Just about the only thing that sends me to another player (aside from the rare file that will only play in VLC) is Zoom's Scene Cut Editor function.

Here's what I want to be able to do in bsplayer: I have a number of TV show collections in .avi format and I want to be able to automatically skip the opening and closing credits of each episode.

With Zoom player, I can make a .cut file for each episode that tells Zoom to jump from one point in the movie to another and/or end it and go on to the next movie in the playlist at any given point on the timeline. This is very useful but I'd much rather use bsplayer as it is far more stable (Zoom crashes A LOT) and I love the way bsplayer handles subtitles.

Is there any way to achieve this functionality with bsplayer? If so, please let me know.

If not, maybe in future versions you could implement something. Maybe, using the already existing chapter files, it would be possible to add the ability to place individual chapters in the playlist so that if I, say, had a chapter for the opening credits, a chapter for the body of the episode and a chapter for the closing credits I could add only the middle chapter to the playlist.

This could also be used in any number of ways to play bits and pieces of any video file in any order. For example, if one had a video file with several short clips (short films, music videos, etc), one could play those clips in any order desired without having to change the actual video file at all. It would be incredibly useful.

If there is already a way to do something like this, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20