View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2006
BS.Player Newbie

alexagr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPlayer freezes Windows

I've been happy user of BSPlayer for more than 3 years, then yesterday I decided to upgrade to the latest v1.3. And then all of a sudden it started freezing on me. And even worse - not just BSPlayer got freezed, but the whole system stopped responding. I still could move the mouse, but clicks on Start button and taskbar didn't work and event Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't pop-up the Task Manager. So the only way out was to reboot the PC.

The problem occured even when no movie was played - I just opened BSPlayer, entered skin configuration, changed the skin, closed the dialog window - and that's it... I've tried it at least 5 times - all the same story...

I've downgraded to v1.2 (the version that I've been using for the last few months) - the problem remained! I rolled back via System Restore function - this didn't help. I installed all Windows Updates, removed antivirus and updated my display driver to the latest version - no luck... Only when I rolled back to v1.0 (fortunately I had it on my hard disk) the problem went away.

Any idea what could it be and how this can be solved?
Regards,
Alex

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20