View Single Post
Old 20th April 2006
BS.player Regular User

sleeplessrevolution is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys going back to ffdshow, I've tested it to my PC and played to to caious media players. It seems to work fine with my system. Though, in media player classic it cannot decode AC3 files. But to my personal favorite BSplayer and VLC its actually workin perfectly.

I've also tried to uninstall Xvid/Divx and AC3 Filter making ffdshow as the sole decoder to all of my video and audio files. Video quality is the same with xvid/divx however the audio quality is not as good as AC3. 1st problem is, it isn't compatible with media player classic with regards to playing dolby digital AC3 files but it could play sound no problem (it just can't detect its dolby digital encoded audio) thus, you still need to install AC3Filter for this player. It won't matter and I wouldn't use media player classic if BSplayer could only play .OGM files and VLC is very choppy when playing .OGM files. Furthermore, VLC don't have support for dolby digital audio yet. So I will be deprived to watch my favorite korean films since my source to it were mostly .OGM files.

In the end, I ended up uninstalling ffdshow and reinstalling back AC3Filter because of the single compatibility issue with media player classic. After restarting, I tested playing all my movie files without xvid or divx codec and I was surprised to see "all of my xvid and divx video files were running just fine and normal with all the media players I have." Why is this happening guys? Weird, and as a result I didn't reinstall back XviD nor DivX cause it won't matter anymore, all is playing well. What could be the explanation with this? I clearly uninstall the three (3) codecs Xvid,Divx and ffdshow and restarted my machine. Why are all my video files still running fine and normal? I got hundreds of video files no error so far?..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20