View Single Post
Old 10th June 2006
BS.Player Newbie

dli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BS 1.41 no longer playing AC3 after upgrade from 1.36

I have recently upgraded my BSplayer installation from version 1.36 to the latest version 1.41. Ever since BSplaer has stopped playing AC3 track in Xvid AVI files. Using GraphEdit I have verified that those files are rendering just fine using the Nero Audio decoder. Windows Media player has no problem playing them back nor does Nero Showtime. I also have Intervideo WinDVD 7 installed and BSplayer offers to use its AC3 filter. However, whatever the setting in the options dialog (system default, Intervideo AC3, Nero AC3) BSplayer remains mute. This new version of BSplayer is showing an extra configuration page for Intervideo AC3 but it never seems to remember the settings made there (always comes up with all options deselected, even though its radio boxes). Based on the Filter - Advanced dialog it also never seems to use Intervideo AC3 even when expressly configured to do so. Given that using the Nero Audio decoder there is no sound either even though it's working according to the Filter - Advanced dialog (and Graphedit) some more fundamental bug in BSplayer must be at work here. Any help is appreciated.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20