View Single Post
Old 1st July 2006
BS.player Regular User

test is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm going to say this as simple as possible.

BSPlayer will _CRASH_ if you try to _DISABLE SUBTITLES_ in _BSPLAYER_ with a file that has _VOBSUBS_. Forget I ever mentioned VSFilter at all. Forget the last sentence where I spoke of the only real subtitle filter that should ever be used.

Now try what I said again. Disable Subtitles in BSP, then play your magical file with VobSubs. Instead of playing a file with _EXTERNAL_ vobsubs (idx/sub), as I see now external subs are about the only thing BSP ever works with, use one with them muxed _INTERNALLY_ which is a much more popular a way of storing subtitles if you did not know. You could even use the sample I previously posted which was also blatantly ignored.

I swear it is like no one here knows how to read. It is no wonder lots of people think this player is a joke. Yes BSP can play SSA/ASS, in some horribly ridiculous font and thats it! Which is not the reason to use SSA/ASS, thats the main reason for using SRT: to look ugly and be simple. The point of using SSA/ASS is to be able to use other fonts, sizes, colors, positions, etc etc etc all at once in a sub file. None of which BSP seems to be able to do with SSA/ASS, so yes I will continue to use VSFilter over this horribly broken player in which no one can sit down for 5 seconds to read anything I have to write. Just as well about the only SSA/ASS subs I've seen BSP even load are once again only external, which seems to be about as far as you can go with your support. Obviously me thinking I might relate to whoever supposedly "develops" BSP that it would be nice to use VSFilter with the player (as it works in every other player that doesn't go apeshit over subtitles) was obviously the wrong idea. You don't give a damn and enjoy your ugly fonts. Great.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20