View Single Post
Old 14th July 2006
BS.player Regular User

test is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh sorry, I read this subforum as "Bug Report" where bugs in the player are attempted to be reported by users. Not "Technical Playback Issues" which need to be solved because some user unfortunately made a stupid mistake (I'm sure you solve them all the time n_n). Of course I understand your initial reaction to any bug report. Which would be confirm it is actually a bug and not just a stupid user. However after a few posts I would have thought you would have been able to install the version which was reported, and say "Why yes, all of the audio coming from the Right inputs is dead."

Or is it just me and Maceart being the only two individuals in the world with no audio coming out of our Right channels in 2.10 b939?

By independent of decoder and audio format I mean... it is independent of decoder and audio format. Playing an MP3 decoded by ffdshow, Gabest's decoder, or Microsoft's generic MPEG1 Layer-3 decoder gives no right channel audio. Playing an AAC file decoded by CoreAAC, Gabest's decoder, or ffdshow gives no right channel audio. Playing an AC3 file decoded by ac3filter, Gabest's decoder, or ffdshow no right audio. Vorbis decoded with CoreVorbis, Gabest's decoder, or ffdshow no right audio. Plain uncompressed PCM, no right audio. Etc etc etc. This version of BSP is outputting no right channel audio no matter what audio format or decoder I throw at it. And there is alot to throw.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20