View Single Post
Old 16th July 2006
BS.Player Newbie

perfection is an unknown quantity at this point

EXACTLY - and by the way that's what supposed to happen when you hyperlink any file to open including audio or video files. That is MS PPT is supposed to play it like i was clicking in windows explorer.

How and where do you enter and store a command line - please explain in detail

As for the insert ---> object - i could not find the option of multimedia object as you described in the 2nd solution Do be more specific - i am using office 2003

I think i now know what happens - BSplayer for some reason screws up the MCI existing settings int he registry under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MCI Extensions]

Then i imported the mci settings from another PC after which i could insert movies (associated with BSplayer) but not hyperlink to them. Something else i guess needs to be fixed for the last part to work

Funny thing is that the MCI settimngs get back to normal when i revert back to Windows Media Player (or otherplayer apart from BSplayer

Yet again thanks a lot and see if you can help through this difficult phase i am going thru as i really like the player and do not wish to get back to wmp

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20