View Single Post
Old 18th July 2006
BS.player Regular User

test is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I reacted a certain way especially after everyone did everything in their power to not confirm there was a bug. I understand quite well you may have said "look at the equalizer settings, look at the equalizer settings." But this is a BUG REPORT, not a playback issue. The point of the thread was to show there is a bug and someone to confirm it (which was done, albeit by another user), after which point fixing it (if possible) would have been great. The only thing everyone else could do here though was deny there was a bug, not install the version to even see if there might be a bug, and of course throw out helpful solutions to a playback problem. But no real posts concerning a bug report. So you said "check the Equalizer settings", what then? The next version of BSP would just continue to force the equalizer to the left because no one wants to see if it is a bug? That is not a useful solution to this type of report!

I find it extremely hard at this point to take anyone seriously who said they installed that version and could not correctly note that the equalizer was shifted all the way to the left. So yes, I just don't believe anything you say anymore BSPeter.

I'll let you guys know now, I'm here to REPORT BUGS so that the player can be used without problems. I'm not even a BSP user to tell you the truth but since I know so many complete newbs which choose this player I'd like to be sure they can use it without issues. When it takes you 17 posts and 4 days to confirm there is a bug after the first post, I see that as a major problem.

Example of how this thread could have turned out had someone known how to even walkthrough a bug report.

User: All my right audio is gone.
BSPerson: Hmm I recall some equalizer changes in the BSP changelog. Let me just install this to see. YES! Indeed equalizer settings are forced all the way to the left.
BSPerson: So all you have to do User is goto the Equalizer settings in BSP and change the bar to the middle. We will fix this problem in our next version.

Alternate Ending
BSPerson: Actually we already know about this error having done alot of testing for each version, it unfortunately is a default setting that slipped through into an official release. Goto your Equalizer settings in BSP and change the bar to the middle.

Fin! 1 Post with someone who can think straight. Please try to take Bug Reports more seriously (Yes I am telling you again to take them seriously). It should not take 17 posts for this process, the process of making BSP better not fixing playback issues.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20