View Single Post
Old 31st July 2006
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea. DirectShowSource() with no additional parameters was able to open all files I needed (ac3, mkv, avi).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviSynth Manual
DirectShowSource (string filename, float "fps", bool "seek", bool "audio", bool "video", bool "convertfps", bool "seekzero", int "timeout", string "pixel_type")

DirectShowSource reads filename using DirectShow, the same multimedia playback system which Windows Media Player uses. It can read most formats which Media Player can play, including MPEG, MP3, and QuickTime, as well as AVI files that AVISource doesn't support (like DV type 1, or files using DirectShow-only codecs). Try reading AVI files with AVISource first, and if that doesn't work then try this filter instead.
Maybe you have misspelled some of the characters with International ones that look the same? Tried using Copy-Paste?

Edit:
Do you have the lastest version of AviSynth (I use v2.5.6a)? Does it include a plugin called "DirectShowSource.dll"? If it does, first try to use LoadPlugin("full_path") first. The plugin should be loaded automatically from the default plugins directory.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20