View Single Post
Old 24th October 2006
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Codecs and Crashes with BSPlayer

Hi members,
I want to ask about an important thing, i was experiencing a serious problem for many months. Here it is:

-By the video playback ends, the player crashes... By the playing the last second of the video, SOMETIMES, the player crashes... Weird, i experienced that also in Windows Media Player series and i decided that it's related with MPEG2 DECODERS and SPLITTER combinations...

For example, i was using Ligos Mpeg decoder to decode mpeg2 files, but if you seek the video to the end, the video CRASHES...

-Then i tried Gabest, Cyberlink and their demuxers(splitter) and some of them cannot play well files encoded with DVD-plugins and some of them cannot move seeking properly (hangs).

-Also i tried Windows' standart splitter filter but as you know, it is not the best, it has incompatibility problem with MPEG2 decoders.

-As last, Gabest, Cyberlink and DScaler is not good enough (also Ligos drove me crazy), i had several problems like showing video lengths incorrectly, opening the video in wrong resolıtion etc...

So i had a oppurtinutiy to install MainConcept as LAST (there weren't chances anymore), now MainConcept DECODER, Audio DECODER and SPLITTER runs smooth with its own combination.

:arrow: So, i want to ask, Which is the best MPEG2 Decoder + Splitter + Audio Decoder Combination and its URL?

Please let me know,

lots of regards...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20