View Single Post
Old 20th November 2006
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
Not sure, but it can be.. it may also depend from RAM (how much of it is free in your system?), because BS.Player require really small amount of ram, but if it's already fully used...
Plus it can be also the 8MB (shared) of your video card (if you told it to do post processing..or post-processing is done by CPU???)

Anyway I have an Athlon 900 and the WMV files I have play smoothly (but I never took a look at the frame dropped..I'll check). Anyway it may depends also from the bitrate in which those movies are encoded..

Have you also tried to use BS.Player v0.86.501? it uses even smaller footprits than v1 and v2
I was using 1.41 build 932, i met by chance when i looked movie infos. If you look you may see frame drops. The frame drops occured for a encoded 370kbps file.

I don't know who makes post processin probably CPU.

Here is is a clue: When you playing a .WMV file with "internal renderer overlay", please click to "Help - ?" button on the BSplayer, then wait until all of credits pass. Then check info out, i see (maybe you will se) dropped frames... (i suspect CPU usage).

Note: BSplayer's video info feature usually makes me sad and suspicious.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20