View Single Post
Old 26th November 2006
BS.Player Newbie

CallMeSnake is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSPlayer Pro 2.12 build 941, crash on exit

Every time I try to exit BSPlayer, I get the following error message:

Code:
BSplayer v2.12.941, Unhandled exception at EIP: 00409587
If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
Please report this info to the author with description what were you doing.
If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error report, this will help us solve problems faster.
Access violation at address 00409587 in module 'bsplayer.exe'. Read of address 00000000
EAccessViolation
Call stack: 00000000,00409587,00404843
If I click on "continue", it will simply not exit. If I click on "close", I'll get the following error message exactly 20 times:

After the 20th one, it will start to alternate with this one:

That will (apparently) go on forever and the only way to get out of it is to kill the task.

That error is fairly new to me though, didn't always appear. I was able to fix it once by reinstalling BSPlayer, but after a while it appeared again.

I'm not exactly sure what I did to cause it, but I think it might have something to do with changing file type associations (either in BSPlayer or in another player). The number 20 mentioned above incidentally is also the number of file extensions shown in the list under options/preferences/general/file types. Could that be related? Any idea what's causing it and how to work around it?

(I tried to play with the file associations, checking and unchecking them all and such, but it didn't help. Currently, I have none checked in BSPlayer.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20