View Single Post
Old 6th March 2007
BS.Player Newbie

Rocket is an unknown quantity at this point

Fixed it. F5 to safe mode, signed in as admin, deleted "dxmasf.dll, wmpasf.dll, qasf.dll" and the files did NOT come back. So, I copied over those 3 files from my old HD (install of new HD is when buffering started) onto the desktop so I would have them there when I went into safe mode. So, I pasted in the files, and they stayed. Rebooted, and BS player would not play anything. Just kept saying ERROR. I registered the filter (someone posted above its like WM reader and WMA writer can't remember exactly right now), closed BS player. Opened it and wham all the problems are gone! PIA to do, but I absolutely could not tolerate the buffering issue.

I attatched the 3 files needed below. Not sure if only 1 was needed to really fix it, but I know this worked for me. Put these in your windows system32 folder if you are running XP. Read above the issues I had with copying and pasting if that is your problem also. The other methods mentioned above did not work for me, but this way I described fixed the problem for me. Anyways, hope that helps some of ya :) -Rocket
Attached Files
File Type: zip files_142.zip (153.6 KB, 698 views)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20