View Single Post
Old 11th March 2007
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sound when last second of the video comes

Hi, as i'm a bit sensitive, i've noticed this on my system : My sound chip is CMI8738 on-board with 5.12.1.644 latest official driver, using Win2k pro+sp4 with Bsplayer PRO.

When the last second of the video comes, the SOUND of the last frame of the video is not always the SAME with other-time playbacks of the same video file.

I mean, sometimes the video ends with smooth(normal, as what video is in normal) sound, sometimes not a bit. Sometimes video (Avi(divx, mpeg) ends with a little interruption or jittery SOUND but even you cannot sense and care of it.

It's less than a second, even it can be sensed in miliseconds.

Notice: In Win2k (the issue experienced computer), DirectSound file quartz.dll's version is 6.5.902, but in XP SP2 its version is 6.5.2600.2749. Plus i did not see that issue on another Realted Ac97 based WinXp-Sp2 system.

Does it differ or could DirectSound(quartz.dll) be fixed in WinXP-SP2? Because versions are not the same

If there are anybody with this experience i'd be happy. What do you suggest or is it acceptable and occasional? I don't have noticable problem during playback and seeking.

Thanks

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20