View Single Post
Old 10th April 2007
BS.player Regular User

Default_Def is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Error after installing BSplayer *please help*

An interesting program :D

I was watching some *.mkv files on my computer with 'VLC media player', and the video kept on stopping but the sound kept on going on, then the video would jump and catch the audio that never had a problem.

So, thinking it was my computer (I was doing something that took a bit of CPU power at the same time), I went on my moms computer, found out she didn't have 'VLC Player' installed to watch the files, instead it had BSplayer. :?

I was able to watch the file perfectly ( I still can't figure out how to turn off the sub titles, I even went to options and disabled them, but they still shows up ( in VLC player, I can turn them off or switch between sub01 and Sub 02., so does anyone know if this is just a bug in BSplayer or something?)

So, I went back to my computer and installed BSplayer (v1.37 - Don't want ad-ware on my computer - also want to test it out first) and after installing and restarting the computer.
I set *.mkv files to started up by default with BSplayer, but after I double clicked the file, this error pops up.

Error Message:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1988/bserrorjo7.jpg

I noticed this error only happens if VLC Player is also installed on the same computer, I tried installing BSplayer (using the exact same instillation (*.exe) file on another computer without VLC Player installed, and it was able to play it perfectly, no problems.

Any idea what is going on? :?

Also: If it does this in the free version , will these two players conflict even worse if I decide to get the PRO version of BSplayer?

Ty in advance! :)

---
:!:
BSplayer: v1.37 (build 826, 11. Dec 2005)
Computer Info:
DirectX: v9.0c
RAM: 512MB
CPU: 1.003GHz
Used gspot (v2.70a Build 20070222): File works (audio/video works perfectly).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20