View Single Post
Old 16th June 2007
BS.Player Power User

J7N is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends whether the releaser (I see you downloaded this illegal file set) has used Meridian Lossless Packing (MLP) compression. If he has not then a MPEG-2 demultiplexer + AC3filter will render your files, since AOB is basically a VOB. But this most likely is NOT the case.

If your files are in MLP format you need to either burn them and insert in a shiny silver set-top DVD player, or extract the files back to their source uncompressed format. To extract you need, "DVD-Audio Explorer" and either Minnetonka DiscWelder or Surcode MPL encoder. Both later are professional payware. I can upload DVDA explorer, since it is free and not easy to find.

Do not attempt to unpack the MLPs using generic MPEG-2 demultiplexers. It won't work, since MPL is encapsulated with additional data per frame to look like a standard LPCM stream. Surcode tools won't understand this format.

I don't know an easier, automated way to unpack an AOB set. I'd blame the uploader who chose not to release in a format more convenient for computer users, such as FLAC, Wavpack or APE.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20