View Single Post
Old 5th July 2007
BS.player Regular User

ishopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Video Card display and subtitles problems

hello,

I have an old IBM brand P3 with "Intel 82810E 32 mb video card". Since the time I installed the bsplayer on this computer, I faced problems playing video movies using BSPlayer ver. 1.4 to 2.0. though I can play the same movies using other players like Media Player Classic or Zoom.

Each time I play the movie, it shows up in only a green color and then BSplayer crashes after few seconds with some other movies it plays the file but Vsync is not corrct (pictures are moving upward and downward).

I used several codes Divx 5 and 6 or Xvid .... accumulative codecs pack....etc but problem is the same.

Then suddenly while trying to adjust BS to work correctly I changed the "Video Rendring" from the default settings of "Internal Rendeer overlay" to other settings one by one till I discovered that when I adjust BS to play in VMR7 the problem disappear and the movie plays just fine.

Then I discovered another problem, Subtitles.
Since the time I uses tis mode. Subtitles are still downloaded into the player (the word "No subtitles" on the player itself disappears and the name of the subtitles shows up on the player) however, the subtitle doesn't appear on the movie though BSplayer detected it.

My questions are:
1- What is the problem with "Internal Render overlay" why it can't be displayed with my Intel (on board) video card though I upgraded the driver to the latest in intel website ver. 6.13
2. Why subtitles don't show up on the screen even BS detects it and downloaded it?

Thnx in advance

regards

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20