View Single Post
Old 15th January 2008
BS.Player Newbie

Flag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crash in BSplayer with libmpeg2 / ffdshow

The problem has always been present in all versions of BSplayer but actually I use BSplayer Pro v.2.26.956 (with Athlon XP, Windows 2000 Pro, NVidia 6600 GT)

Whenever I want to use libmpeg2 for decoding MPEG or MPEG2, the player crash with an invalid floating point operation.

That problem arise only when using BSplayer. With other players, like Windows Media Player 6.4 or Media Player Classic (with ffdshow doing the decoding) for example, libmpeg2 works wonderfully.

MPEG/MPEG2 decoding with libavcodec (ffdshow) don't show that problem but when coming time of doing DVD decoding, libavcodec doesn't work well (that is a problem with ffdshow because it behaves the same with any player) whereas libmpeg2 does a great job.

Don't tell me to use another MPEG2 decoder. I know I can do that but I prefer the settings available in ffdshow that are not in other decoders. For DVD decoding, libmpeg2 should be the right choice. It's just that with the very specific combination of BSplayer and ffdshow, with MPEG-2 and DVD decoding activated, I get a crash. Until it get fixed, I have to use another player for DVD decoding :(

Just in case, I tried changing the video rendering mode but got no change.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20