View Single Post
Old 11th April 2008
BS.Player Master

Tizio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tizio
or implement proprietary codecs, and became as nero: bloated, instable, huge, a memory hog, and more expensive :evil:
How many peoples are behind Gabest, for example ? There is MPC, MPEG2 decoder, MKV splitter, MP4 splitter, OGG splitter and many other filters/codecs developped (and free). It shouldn't be so hard to do it. At this moment BSplayer it's stucked because it's a commercial program. You can't add free codecs/filters/splitters just because of that. Not because there aren't any free ones.
I don't know how many people is behind Gabest.. I always thought he did them (and not only, he works to PS2 emulator video plugins and other projects, and all of them are for free) by himself.. but I don't think it's so simple to code those things, yes, they are all well documented, so it's not so hard, and the real problem is that BSplayer due to its commercial nature, can't use them.. It would take a lot of time to code those codecs and I don't think BSP Team has it in mind for the near future..
I know all of this, I only wanted to point out that it could became a huge bloated project by implementing these codecs, especially if developed in a short amount of time..
Yes, 30€ is an high price for the full pro set, but the 10€ lite pro version is a good compromise in my opinion (obviously not only for the gui ;) ), but tuner support needs a better support by the team in my opinion..

Oh and, in the past I used softwares like PDVD, WDVD et simila, but nowadays they are not well optimized and full of unnecessary features, but the price for them is good if you use all of that features ;) (not my case)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20