View Single Post
Old 28th March 2003
BS.Player Newbie

The_Freeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speciific high res video problem, details inside

Hello everyone, I just joined this great community, and I hope you can help me and I could do the same.

Here are my specs:

Intel Pentium II 400mhz/ overclocked to 600mhz
Leadtek Winfast A170 DDR TH (Geforce 4 mx440 64 DDR)
Windows XP pro WITHOUT service pack 1 installed
Windows Media player 8.0
DivX player 2.0 , DivX codec 5.0.3
Bsplayer 0.86 , build 494 (included in the K-LITE CODEC PACK, ver 2.01)
And all of the codecs that are included in the K lite codec pack.
My desktop is set to 800x600, 32 bit color.

Here is my situation:
I have downloaded this movie called "HERO" , starring Jet Li, its size is 927mb, its resolution is 720x576 , and its a divx encoded file.

Now, here is my problem
When I try to play it on bsplayer, I just get a black screen, doesnt move at all, and I can see my HD is working, the HD light gets constantly on.
When I try to play it on the Divx player, it plays perfectly, at full speed, but with no sound.
And when I try to play it on Windows Media Player, it plays with sound, but in a slower than normal speed.

to sum it up= Divx player ---> Full speed but no sound
Windows MP --> Full sound but no speed
BSplayer --> No sound, no image, no nothing

Could you help me? Besides trying to solve this problem, I have also downloaded subtitles (cause the movie is only in chinese, so I needed english subtitles). And I would love to be able to add the subs with BSplayer.
If there is no solution, is there any way I could convert it into a more "friendly" format so that I can play it in bsplayer with no problems, hence, watching it with the english subs? And if possible, is there any other program that lets you put the english subs INTO the movie, and then permanently save them with the movie. so I can play the english subs with the divx player or other player?

Thank you very much, and I hope you can help me, for I dont know what to do.

P.S= I play 512x384 movies and episodes SMOOTHLY AND WITH NO PROBLEMS, on the three players.

Please Help me. Thanks

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20