View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2008
BS.Player Master

adicoto is on a distinguished road

You are missing one thing. EVR works under XP, using Net Framework 3.5

BUT IT"S NOT SUPPORTED !!!

You don't get it, don't you ?

To use EVR, your video card must have hardware acceleration for this. To use hardware acceleration for EVR, you must have DirectX 10. There is no single application written in DirectX 9 to support EVR because videocard manufacturers don't give a sh*t about that. They are not interested to supply this feature.

You don't have a message about not using EVR ? I don't have any message about disabling AERO when playing a video file. But BSPLayer disables Aero to play in internal renderer. Something you don't have doesn't really mean it does not exist.

So, to close this, at this moment I think usless topic,

Net Framework gives you acces to EVR under XP
Programs, drivers don't support EVR under XP.
MPC-HC states clearly to this link above, that you can't use EVR with their product under XP.

Microsoft states that you can acces DXVA functions with an external software decoder, but you can't acces EVR in such a maner

Code:
In particular, the EVR mixer uses the DXVA video processing services to deinterlace and mix the video. External to the EVR, software decoders may use DXVA for accelerated video decoding. The presenter shares the Direct3D device by means of the Direct3D Device Manager. The following diagram shows the internal architecture of the EVR. (The software decoder, shaded in gray, is not part of the EVR.)
EVR uses DXVA by default:

If someone wants to continue answering here, be my guest. I give up.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20