View Single Post
Old 9th June 2008
BS.Player Newbie

nfxs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Monitor doesn't turn off (DPMS) after watching a movie.

Hi, I'm having a little problem

In Windows XP (SP3) if i go to "Control Panel / Power Options" and then change the "Turn off monitor" setting and click apply, i don't have the problem.
But if then i watch a movie, or only play any video for a few seconds with BSPlayer 2.28 Pro Build 964 , then close the player, i have the following error:

After the "Turn off monitor time", the monitor turns off, but just for 1 second, the it turns on again, and after another "Turn off monitor time" the same thing, over and over, it never stays off.

How do i solve the problem today? I go to the Power Options, change it, click apply and then the monitor stays off after the "Turn off monitor time".

But if I use BSPlayer, again the same story.

Something i noticed is, that if i just run bsplayer but do not play any video, i dont have the problem. I only get it if i play any video, even if i play it just for a few seconds.

For testing, i just installed BSPlayer and Xvid Codecs (XviD-1.1.3-28062007). No codec pack installed.

I would very much like this problem solved, because my PC stays on 24-7. And sometimes i forget to go to the Power Options. So the monitor stays on all day too, even if no one is using it.

Thanks
Regards
nfxs

PC Info:
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2200
4GB DDR2, nVidia GeForce 9600 GT (latest drivers)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20