View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2008
BS.player Regular User

kulakov is an unknown quantity at this point
Default [CONFIRMED] Unicode charset not fully supported

[ -> continue from this thread]

Not sure if I'm supposed to create another topic or continue this one, but to me the problem was not fixed. The funny point is that this thread does not have a solution provided in it. French songs by Mylene Farmer with names like

07 Derriére Les Fenétres.wma
13 Leut-?tre Toi.wma

are skipped by the player both if I try to open that file directly and if I open the whole dir and the file is displayed in the playlist correctly (!) but I can't make BSPlayer play it back. For ex. the file manager Total Commander also displays the files in a wrong way - without the extra marks, and it cannot open the files. Only Explorer displays and handles the files correctly. My XP only has English and Russian languages installed, and I'm not going to install Frensh . Not sure if this has something to do with lang files installed with the player.

Note that this whole problem is not serious cause I can rename the files any moment and they will play fine. It's just kind of a cosmetic bug. But there may be people out there who won't notice that a song or 2 of an album will be skipped every time they play the album, so this should better be fixed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20