View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2008
BS.Player Newbie

turbodood is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the tip on the allow multiple instances. I guess I never thought to look for it because well, I don't remember ever seeing that --- and why would it be off by default? This did create another problem though, but less major, having multiple equalizers floating around not knowing which player they are for. I guess I could just keep showing/removing them but, is there a way to get it to dock to the main controls?

I guess I thought my frusrtations would convey the issues with the renderer. I've tried them. Basically the default one, and overlay mixer are the only ones that work at all on the current version. VMR never does. Oddly, overlay mixer has to be used for lower res, non-HD videos.

The concern here is this is getting worse over time. The problem with downgrading is basically, the older nvidia drivers don't work anywhere near as well on my HDTV I get resolution switching problems --- still have a major one if I accidentally hit a key while its in hibernate and I'm not on the tv's input, well I basically just have to shut it off because the video will refuse to resume, but thats unrelated.

The problem though is just other programs screwing up bsplayer's ability to do whatever it does to adjust the color --- which like I said since other programs don't have that problem well -- I can only hope its fixable. Being able to run multiple instances will eliminate some of my need to run VLC but --- I mean I think I just remembered even WMP11 stops the color controls from working, which is required for a lot of streaming content its just frustrating.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20