View Single Post
Old 28th December 2008
BS.player Regular User

Womanizer is an unknown quantity at this point

BSPlayer was always my favorite player. And still is. Most of the time I don't use any others.

But one thing I never figured out is why all versions (including the 2.34 Pro Build 980, released on December/2008) do not support (natively) DVDs.

I mean, how odd is that - MPC from Gabest, which latest released version is dated from March/2006 it's capable of playing DVDs right from the start!!!!

And this ability which should be mandatory on any player (even the bad ones) is not available on BSPlayer. Simply defies any logic that one obsolete software can perfom better than another that is being constantly updated.

Question: HD-DVDs and Blu-rays are supported by BSPlayer with and without any help from AnyDVD-HD from SlySoft? AnyDVD is the tool used to disable the HDCP and any other protections you might think of (read their website for more details).

PowerDVD/WinDVD are capable of playing BDs/HD-DVDs (for HD-DVD support on PowerDVD, read the Wikipedia entry). But they are on the bottom of my favorites list, mainly because they lack the ability of assigning keys to each function (MPC can do that, but not like BSP), among other things.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20