View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2009
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Video opens with fake zoom Level (Aspect Ratio?)

Hi,
Having an old version of Bsplayer (1.41, i know it's old), as i tried with numerous Mpeg or WMV files, with some of them, when i open one of them, the video is opened smaller or bigger than it should be.

After opening some of videos, everytime i have to press "2" (Zoom Level %100) to fix video to its original size in Bsplayer. It's weird that some of Mpeg (using MediaConcept 1.0.78 decoder) and WMV (built-in WMV decoder of XP SP2) files open as original(as it should be, with %100 Zoom Level) with no problem but some them open in incorrect-fake "Zoom Level" and the only solution is to press "2" eveytime.

Quick hint, though one of my video's native size is 480x480, and after i open it, during playback i have to press "2" to see it in its original Zoom Level (size), then press ALT+3 to go to "Movie Info", then look at "Video Size" field, i see:

What does that mean? (See screenshot below):
The entire text in "Video Size" field: "480x480, Aspect: 4:3 (640x480)".

When i open the video below and press "2" (Zoom to %100), it gets slightly bigger:

No-problem-having videos has only one size in that field (no Aspect:) as in the screenshot below:

It's a complete disappointment that the fake video size had forced me to view the video in wrong zoom level.

Note: Unchecking "Keep Aspect Ratio" gave NO effect about problem.

What's the reason? I have other friends having same issue with Bsplayer!

Thanks!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20