Thread: bs 2.35 crashes
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2009
BS.Player Newbie

lloser is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everybody

I'm running build 990 now and still run into my problem. But now i can narrow it down only to rar-files, that are in the same directory as media files. Maybe someone can confirm this behavior: Take a directory, that contains arbitrary media files like .avi, .mkv, .mp3 and so on and put a rar-file (=a winrar-compressed archive) into that directory. Now start bsplayer and select "Open file". By default only media files should be displayed. Go to the afore mentioned directory and in the file-open dialog window the rar-file is shown along the other media files. If there are other non-media (non-rar) files present in that directory they are not shown, which is perfectly right. Now when i select some mp3 for instance and the option "Always add all files in current directory to playlist" is checked, bsplayer crashes or simply freezes with cpu load 100%. Could it be possible, that the internal filtering process for media files in bsplayer inadvertantly includes rar as type of media?

Sorry when it sounds somewhat complicated, but i guess i'm not the only one, using winrar. So the problem shouldn't be too exotic.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20