View Single Post
Old 9th April 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Downgrrl is on a distinguished road
Default [CONFIRMED] Wrong Decimal Separator in Subtitle Editor

The official format of .srt subtitle files is "The time format used is hours:minutes:seconds,milliseconds, with the milliseconds field precise to three decimal places. The decimal separator used is the comma, since the program was written in France, and the line break used is the CR+LF pair. Subtitles are indexed numerically, starting at 1." (wiki)

I.e. 00:00:00.000 is INCORRECT, even if some players, including Bsplayer recognise either.

The problem is, that the Bsplayer subtitle editor saves to 00:00:00.000 even if fed with 00:00:00,000, which means that players like VLC, which oblige to the correct "," format, no longer accept them; Unless you make serial edits of 0. to 0, etc. afterwards, which is extremely tedious. Earlier versions used to display 00:00:00,000 if fed this, but still save to ".", newer versions just display the (incorrect) "." version and save to it.

Is it possible to convince Bsplayer to use the correct decimal separator? I have searched the options high and low but not found any way of doing this.

The editor itself is very useful for dynamically resyncing subs and changing from sub/idx to srt etc. and I have found this bug annoying for years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20