View Single Post
Old 15th April 2009
BS.player Regular User

Womanizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Question BS.Player Pro can't play (some) DVDs properly

Like I said on this thread:
http://forum.bsplayer.com/answered-s...play-dvds.html

I was able to test two MPEG-2 decoders while using BSPlayer PRO.

Elecard, which is proprietary;

Cyberlink, after uninstalling Elecard - I also have the latest PowerDVD version;

And Intervideo.

Intervideo was not working properly. Then I tested both Elecard and Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoders. They are working fine with some DVDs, but others you will see a bug happening after the DVD started. You can't select any option on the screen. It becomes a static image.

You can't move the cursor, you can't enter the BONUS option.

Then I decided to do another simple test. I tried the same DVD while using Media Player Classic/Home Cinema. The disc was fully accessible, and both "BONUS/CONFIGURACAO" options were available to be selected (moving the cursor, and pushing Enter).

Then what the frack was going on? I asked. It's simple. Somehow MPC has one MPEG-2 decoder that is better than all others, even paid ones, perhaps something made by Gabest, I don't know.

If that's the case, how can we force BSP Pro to use that MPC MPEG-2 decoder? To be honest I prefer using BSP Pro than MPC. It's my favorite player, and manages subtitles better than MPC, plus it's a personal choice, even knowing that both are great. But if I can't force BSP Pro to use the MPC MPEG-2 decoder, I will not have a choice in this matter...

BTW, the disc which presented this bug was the 6th one from LOST - 4th season, R4/brazilian edition. It was decrypted to my hard-drive using the DVD-9 profile (full copy) and with help from DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2. Strange thing that other discs authoring seemed fine while using BSP Pro.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20