View Single Post
Old 20th April 2009
BS.Player Newbie

Jemcrystal is on a distinguished road
Question I have a free player and the subtext disappeared...

I have a free BSPlayer Vers. 2.35. I download and watch Japanese anime with English subtext. I do not really understand how this works on a BSPlayer. I am used to dealing with English subtext done via Fansubs. So it amazes me that I can turn the subtext on and off with the BSPlayer. I don't understand why that is. Why isn't the subtext on the show itself?

Anyway, I was watching an anime and three-fourths the way through, it stopped translating to English. The scene was a women singing and people talking both at the same time. The woman's singing was translated into sing-song gibberish but none of the character's talking was translated. Then I see this: PLACEHOLDER. And it keeps saying PLACEHOLDER over and over again from then on out.

If I go online to watch the movie, the song is translated into English (no gibberish) and everything the characters are saying during the woman's song is also in English and totally there.

I've played with changing the subtitles primary and secondary and having them both on. Nothing I do fixes this.

My question is: How do I fix this???

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20