View Single Post
Old 1st June 2009
BS.Player Power User

grendizer is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Adicoto, thanks for the tips about DMO, I was not aware of this codec (or codec pack).

I fixed my problem, here is what I did (this text will appear in my FAQ as well):

I fixed it by , first: uninstalling BS.Player Prolite. During the uninstall process , it also uninstalled all "internal" codecs. Then I installed a fresh new version of my new purchased licensed BsPlayer Pro 2.40. The install process triggered BsPlayer's "Codec Manager". This nice tool let me see which codecs were installed, uninstalled, and also it shows the difference between "local" and "system" installed codecs. From the "Codec manager", one can surely uninstall a local codec, and then install the same codec as "system based" (available for all Windows applications) , thus switching this codec from local to "global". This is exactly what I did with Ffdshow: after the install was finsihed, I installed Ffdshow again, ran BsPlayer's Codec Manager again, and everything was fine: the Codec Manager was showing Ffdshow as installed and system based, and the playback of a divx triggered the 2 systray Ffdshow icons.
- BsPlayer's "Codec manager" is hidden to the user, but is available in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webteh\BSplayerPro\bspcodecdl.exe". This should be available from BsPlayer's right click and in the start menu BsPlayer folder. I made a shortcut of this tool inside my start menu BsPlayer folder. Perhaps the Weteh developpers should take care of that.

Edit : Updated FAQ!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20