View Single Post
Old 4th September 2009
BS.player Regular User

zmth is on a distinguished road
Default RE adicoto's post ' ...f the codecs are installed, BSPlayer recognises ...'

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'installed ' but ffdshow put a lot of files with .dll extension some .ax and others . Anyway since in win98 most or all files with .dll
are in windows/system so i even made a copy and put them in that directory also and bsplayer still said could not find codec . There should not be any necessary install as one would think bsplayer installation would know how to look everywhere on the hardrive esp in the default locations.

I do see now ffdshow put in a program dialog which has choices 'Audio filter config.',' Configuration ', Raw-only filter config.','VFW Configuration ' which when i bring them up i see i guess what are check boxes which are all unchecked and different things to select etc. I did nothing with these as should not need them at all i would presume and would not have a clue as to what choices to make anyway. And if bsplayer needed to it could do this itself. I would think all that should be necessary is to have the needed codec .dll files in windows/system ?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20