View Single Post
Old 24th February 2010
BS.Player Newbie

p3_sv is on a distinguished road
Default libavcodec.dll

This was my problem:
I watch a lot of tv shows, therefore the episodes require subtitles. When I discovered this version of bsplayer I was extremely happy because of the "check for subtitles online" feature(I was always lazy).
At a point I discovered that bsplayer wold not work with all the tv shows I was watching. It would crash giving me the continue application/ close application dialog.
I thought there was something wrong with the installation, so installed it several times with no result.
The thing is that even if it crashed BS would still look for the subtitles, so I let. I searched the cache folder and copied the subtitle and I just played the movie with VLC.
So I let this pass for a while knowing that BS wouldn't play any types of avi and went on with VLC for the incompatible .avi's
Today I thought I would look at the bug report and see what does it say. Something about libavcodec.dll. This .dll is located in the FFDShow folder that was installed by default by BSplayer.
So I moved the FFDShow folder and installed an independent FFDShow. Now BSplayer doesn't give me anymore trouble.
Thought I would make an account to share how I solved my problem. Maybe it will be useful for someone

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20