View Single Post
Old 19th October 2010
BS.Player Power User

kimiraikkonen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSPeter View Post
The option "Try not to drop frames" was introduced in version 2.21.950 of begin May 2007!!
To avoid misunderstandings and useless conversations (about issues which may possibly already have been covered in newer builds) posters should always mention version and build number! (This is equally valid for longstanding faithful and loyal supporters/users of BS.Player.)
The problem in the thread which you closed: (Edit BSPeter: for what it's worth: thread reopened again)
http://forum.bsplayer.com/general-ta...cpu-usage.html

...was completely different than the current thread. It was about a problem that results in frame drops, reported in ALT+3 video info page due to "internal renderer overlay(default)".

The current thread is about seeing real-time (average) framerate "lower" than expected, THOUGH no frame drops are reported in ALT+3. I mean, they're not the same. I beleive average frame rate, which is lower than expected, is because of capturing/encoding couldn't have managed to reach expected fps.

I noticed when i capture something from my Conexant TV capture device (AverTV) via Windows Media Encoder(you can try) 9, for some reason, average frame rate doesn't exceed 18~21 fps though expected is 30fps using sufficent bitrate setting with more than %50 of cpu is free.

Just wanted to get ideas about it, as i reproduced it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20