View Single Post
Old 28th May 2003
BS.Player Newbie

Dr_digitaL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Edit ac3 filter properties in bsplayer

hello I downloaded the AC3Filter ver 0.68b and would like to know how to edit the filters properties within bs player. The instructions that came with the ac3 filter state: Filter can be configured with several ways. Best is if player allow to call filter properties (WMP 6.4, BSP, Sasami, etc, not in WMP 7, 8, 9!)
or is this even possible with the bs player???

it also states: If player does not allow to reach filter settings it is possible to configure it from Start menu with 'AC3Filter Config' icon or Control Panel icon. But this method do not show current activity and do not affect it! I.e. levels will not change, bitstream information will be filled with zeros etc. Moreover all players should be closed (because when player is closing filter saves its configuration to registry, so now configured values may be overwrited with old values that was read at player startup). So it is highly recommended to configure filter from within player that allow access to filter properties (almost any of widespreaded: BSPlayer, Sasami, ZoomPlayer, LightAlloy, etc).
This is a option that i would rather not take if possible

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20