View Single Post
Old 9th February 2011
BS.Player Newbie

LexMoloch is on a distinguished road
Default Subtitles, ATI extend and Theatre mode

OK, I'll try to be brief.

I've been using BS Player for ages. Recently updated (unfortunately don't remember the old version #) and lost all my config settings.

Also use FFDshow (updated it as well) to play movies.

My setup consists of ATI HD 2600, connected to LCD monitor and HDTV. Within ATI's CCC panel, TV is set to "extended desktop" and "theatre".

Subtitles were not drawn to overlay (never used it because overlay subs look horrible) yet they were displayed on both the HDTV (always in theatre mode) and PC.

Since the update, I've noticed that my subtitles suddenly stopped working on the TV. Tried switching on "draw to overlay" and it renders, but looks awful. I can use non-overlay subtitles if I switch to clone mode, but I'd rather keep my extended desktop...

I'm pretty sure this is due to a different combination of video modes, filters (FFDshow) and other settings. Tried playing with it but with no success, and google did not help.

Can someone shed some light on this matter? What totally baffles me is the fact it worked before without the need to draw them to overlay!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20