View Single Post
Old 11th December 2011
BS.player Regular User

ZenicaNJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
If you have ffdshow installed by BSplayer, then play a file that uses ffdshow (like the second in your post), and, while playing rightclick -> options -> filters -> click on ffdshow and the configuration window must appear.
Also, am MKV splitter is requiered, such as Gabest MKV splitter or Haali media splitter
When I played the King of Queens, it did not seem to use ffdshow so the options>filters>ffdshow menu was not there. It used MPA Decoder Filter.

I went back to the screen where it shows the installed codecs for BS.Player and only two say "local", all others say "system". Reinstalling had no effect and there isn't an option to force local vs system.

One thing I like about KMPlayer is that the codecs are managed from within the player....I can add/install a codec from within the preferences menu.

I have ffdshow installed but for the system....Flash Video, MPEG2 Decoder, Haali Media Splitter and Real Media Splitter are all installed to "system".

EDIT:

@ Adicoto: using KMPlayer, I can see I have the codecs you highlighted in your pictures installed as well as Gabest.

Last edited by ZenicaNJ; 11th December 2011 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Add comment

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20