View Single Post
Old 29th March 2012
BS.player Regular User

SergeNL is on a distinguished road
Default Skins are listed twice in the Skin-List under Windows7.

All Skins in the BSP Skin-List (Options > Skins) are listed twice. My PC runs on Windows7 64-bits.
It’s just a small problem, but becomes annoying when many Skins are installed.

I tried several versions of BSP, also Free and pro, but it makes no difference.
Every time I have only one version installed.
To make sure all settings are deleted at uninstall, at the installation I choose to save settings in the installation folder. At uninstall I check the installation folder, and remove everything that is left. (and run a registry cleaner).

Also I deleted left-over folders from previous installations:
C: > users > Username > AppData > Local Row > BS_Player.
C: > users > Username > AppData > Roaming > BSplayer and BSplayer PRO.
It doesn’t solve the problem.

On the same PC I have WinXP installed (dual boot on a different partition)
In XP there is no problem. So it looks like a Windows7 issue. Perhaps a 64-bit issue.
It’s not a Dual-core issue. My PC is Quad-core, and under XP the Skin-List is fine.

BSPeter, thanks for the suggestions per PM. ICO-Man, is this something for the BSP-Team? Thanks..

Note: there are two other bugs, that may be related to this problem:
1. If I have a BSZ-version and a Folder-version of the same skin in the Skins-folder, the Skin is 4x in the skin list. But BSP always shows the Folder version if I click on all 4 of them. So the BSZ-version can't be showed.
2. The Test-function in BSP-SkinMaker doesn't work. If I click it, a message says: "Error. BSZ-files are not properly registered to BSPlayer..". But if I double-click a BSZ-file, BSP starts in that Skin..

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20