View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 29th January 2013
Ivanov Ivanov is offline
Junior Member
BS.Player Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 37
Posts: 3
Rep Power: 0
Ivanov is on a distinguished road
Default Bug with secondary UTF8 subtitles in MKV

Hi! Here is a bug report about secondary subtitles encoded in UTF8 in BSPlayer free version 2.63.1071 Oct 09, 2012.

I always watch movies with 2 subtitles (original and native ones). That’s why I like BSPlayer the most!)
This works fine if you have .avi with a number of .srt files. Moreover, it doesn’t matter whether these .srt files are saved in ANSI or in UTF8. It all works correctly.

But it doesn’t work if you have .mkv file. Like this one, for example:
Container: Matroska
ID 0: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
ID 1: audio (A_AAC)
ID 2: audio (A_AAC)
ID 3: audio (A_AAC)
ID 4: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8)
ID 5: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8)
ID 6: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8)
ID 7: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8)

So, here are the steps to reproduce the bug:
– open any .mkv with UTF8 subtitles (this can be either built-in subtitles or separate .srt files – it doesn’t matter, there will be bug anyway)
– Subtitles > Primary > choose any subtitles
– it works correctly
– Subtitles > Secondary > choose any other subtitles
– and here is the bug:
— it can either crash (it just crashed and I sent you a bug report, dated 2013-01-29, 14:52:19, with the link to this very post in comments section)
— or it can show only one of those subtitles (the other subtitles don’t appear at all)
— or it can show the same subtitles both in lower part and in upper part of the screen

So, the only workaround I’ve found is to extract subtitles from MKV and resave them with ANSI encoding. Then it works fine. But it’s time consuming, so it would be great if this bug could be fixed!)

Here is some system info:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: Russian (Regional Setting: Russian)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4022MB RAM
Page File: 6039MB used, 2004MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GT 230M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A28&SUBSYS_365C103C&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2733 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1755 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Id: LGD0227
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.080Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Reply With Quote
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20