View Single Post
Old 14th June 2013
BS.player Regular User

Cela is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adicoto View Post
- in genereal preferences you must uncheck "seek by keyframes" so when using "< and > " BSPlayer will jump those 10 seconds. If not, it wil jump to the next keyframe after 10 sec, which can be.....10 minutes...
- depending on codecs used to decode the video file, after pressing space (pause), using left and right arrow you can go frame by frame.
Hi adicoto,
here, again, you provide important undetected or overlooked specs! :)
You shoud collect your useful postings and publish as "BSplayer User's Guide"!

You directed my attention to "seek by keyframes", I must have overlooked it.
Edit: Can't find it in general preferences! Please tell more how to find it.

I also overlooked that

". and ," on my keyboard corresponds to
"< and >" which is definitely more intuitive.

From this, some general questions pop up concerning GUI language and keyboard language mapping:
I cannot change my hardware keyboard on the fly, neither the keys nor what is printed on each key.

Do you know if there is a windows software app, which would let select and visualize English, Russian, French, German, Nordic etc. keyboard layout? This would help to compare the physical layout with the layout of another language.

How can I change the mapping of my physical keyboard entries, what the computer gets when I type a key, again from German to English? (Change keyboard only, not 'system language')

Where can I select the GUI language and change it temporarily from German to English and back? ...
Edit: Found it!

Why am I asking? Temporarily changing GUI language and keyboard language mapping whould be very helpful for preparing english postings in a non-english working and windows environment.

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice weekend!

Last edited by Cela; 14th June 2013 at 03:46 PM.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20