View Single Post
Old 17th September 2003
BS.Player Newbie

fedhman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default another overlay problem !

Hi everybody !
I'm quite a rookie so let me explain the situation .

every time i launch bsplayer, i've got the warning message "overlay failed" and then, bsplayer only display the sound of the avi file.... I checked with gspot and i've got all the codecs for this file...

I read the tip of the previous message and , i check dxdiag to see what kind of problem i can have : so , directx 9.0b is installed and the only problem reported from dxdiag is that AGP is not available and there is no hardware acceleration interface for direct 3D 8+. I'm told to verify a new driver for my graphic card.

So i check on the matrox site (i've got quite an old card : MGA Mystique) and i cannot find a newer driver fot it....

Is this the reason of the overlay warning ? coz before installing ACE mega Codecs Pack, i can use the windows media player to display my avi file, but only in the smallest size... Now, i cannot anymore , i've got the sound and green bars instead of the video !!!! :(((

i installed bsplayer, coz i read that it is the best player for slow processor like mine ( PII 266)...

Can someone help me ????

fedhman kassad from hyperion

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20